It’s funny how many times when we think of brass instrument we usually think of the trumpet first…
And rarely of the trombone. It’s true, the trombone is kind of an underdog.
And in fact, if you ask a trombone player why they chose this funny looking instrument, they’ll usually reply either of these answers:
- It was the only instrument left in high school band
- It’s what my father/mother played
Now, there are reasons the trombone is not as popular as other instruments, mainly:
- it’s hard to play – because of the way it’s built, the trombone is a difficult instrument to master, and there are indeed few trombone “virtuoso”
- children can’t really play it – because of its size, it is usually not recommended for children, although there are some workarounds
But come to think about it, all these reasons are also PRECISELY WHY you should play the trombone!
Trombone players are usually highly sought after exactly because they’re so scarce. And the instrument itself is completely unique and plays like no other.
So whether you’re looking to be the next Trombone Shorty, play in a symphonic orchestra or become one of the rare jazz trombonists…
You’ve come to the right place as I have compiled for this all the information you need to know to either:
- Buy your first trombone
- Upgrade your current trombone
- Buy a new trombone
Sounds good? Then let’s start.